Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dear Healthy Moms,

It's been over three months since my last post and over three years since the last Healthy Moms e-Newsletter was published. Honestly, I never intended to stop writing - it just sort of - happened. Many months went by before I finally realized the Lord had drawn me into a new season. And what a fruitful time it has been! For those of you who have been wondering what I've been up to - mostly I have been soaking in scripture and allowing God to teach me so much more. It's been an incredible season of repentance, healing, sanctification, and growth. I've been learning so much! The more I learn, however, the more I realize I will never know it all. Life is a journey, not a destination. And though my tendency is to have all my ducks in a row before I do anything, I believe the Lord is asking me to simply begin sharing what's on my heart. No ducks, no straight rows, no master plan. Just step out in obedience and share authentically what's stirring in me. So, here we go.


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to talk with a group of moms about healthy eating. It was great to have an hour to plant seeds and offer encouragement, but my hearts desire is to do so much more. Breaking out of the pattern of this world is not easy. It requires a process of transformation that simply cannot happen in the course of a one hour presentation. It happens over time as we recognize lies we've believed, allow them to be replaced with a solid foundation of truth and then build from there. Walking with others who truly want to move toward wholistic health is essential. I will be sharing more about this in the days ahead. Let me quickly say that I believe there will be opportunities in the not too distant future for people to to meet together in small groups to support and encourage each other. In the meantime, however, I hope this blog will be a place to begin/continue the journey and be connected with a community of people who desire to walk in health - spirit, soul, and body.

- Connie

No comments: